Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

     Even though Thanksgiving is not celebrated in Venezuela, our school was kind enough to give us Thursday and Friday off. On Thursday morning, I was grateful to have the time to walk down the hill to the bank (actually, I had to go twice) to receive my last card that I needed. On the way home, I even found milk at one of the grocery stores! I was so thankful for this because I had not found it in months and was beginning to run low. Later that day, some of our staff and friends met together to have a feast. Everyone brought something. I made the stuffing with my roommate. Everything was delicious!




      The day before Thanksgiving, my class had a turkey book report project due. Each student chose a book, which I then approved. They had to read it in November and complete this project on it. Most of the students enjoyed it, and I love how they turned out!


Prayer Requests and Praises
-I found milk!
-I received my last bank card needed!
-I enjoyed the extra days at Thanksgiving!
-Only 8 more school days before Christmas (2 1/2 weeks)!
-That we would be able to find chicken and ground beef.
-Everything involved with the visa process
-Students' spiritual lives

One of our sister school is trying to raise money while breaking a world record. 
It's a really interesting project. Watch the video at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment