Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Typical School Day

Sharing book reports
Good Morning!

Have you ever wondered what a typical weekday looks like for me? Well, today I'm going to tell you.

5:00 - 5:35 - Wake up and get ready
5:35 - 6:00 - Breakfast and devos
6:00 - 6:20 - Walk to school
6:20 - 7:00 - Finish getting ready for the school day
7:00 - 7:30 - Staff meetings (either prayer, devotions, worship, or mentoring)
7:30 - Pick up kids and school officially begins
7:30 - 8:40 - Math
8:40 - 9:20 - Spanish class for my students, prep. time for me
9:20 - 9:50 - Snack recess
9:50 - 11:30 - Language Arts (some days we have library or music during this time as well)
11:30 - 12:00 - Bible
12:05 - 12:50 - Lunch and Recess
Afternoon - Our afternoons change between science, social studies, anything else that I need to fit in, computer time, little buddies (Fridays), and P.E. (Mondays and Wednesdays).
Bible Club on Fridays
We are learning about the Armor of God.
2:30 - Dismissal
2:45 - 4:00 - During this time after school, I usually have something going. Right now, I tutor students from my class three days a week, have a staff meeting every Wednesday, and help at Bible club on Fridays. I love tutoring because I have some one-on-one time with my kids to help them and connect with them more.
4:00 - 9:00 - Me time - Some days I use this time to finish working at school, but most days now I'm working on just using it to relax by reading a book, exercising, catching up with friends, making dinner, Bible study, and getting ready to go to bed early so that I can get up and do it all the next day.



A book report made out of Legos!












Prayer Requests and Praises
-We already hired two new teachers for next year!
-Pray for the other open positions.
-I finally hung drapes up in my bedroom! I'm thankful for less light at night!
-Pray for some third grade students (not from Christian families) who are very interested in what we believe about Jesus. This week one asked me, "Why did Jesus die? How did he die?"
-Pray for kindness and respect between kids in my classroom. This has been a huge problem amongst the kids during this month.
-My kids are continuing to be more involved in Bible class than last quarter! This week, they each studied a story from the Old Testament. Next week, they will present their story, and we will finish an overview of the Bible.

Quote of the Week, asked during a standardized math test: "Miss Loid, how many legs does a chicken have?" Apparently, we have some background knowledge to catch up on.

Also, a promotional slideshow video of our school was made recently. Watch it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment