Saturday, March 22, 2014

Getting Back to the Normal


Playing and learning about circuits. What can you build?
     I am so thankful that these past two weeks have finally been normal weeks of school. It's been great knowing that most of my students will be at school and that we can learn and actually work on some projects without too much disruption. The consistency is great for my students. When we were first starting back from our long Carnival break, it was like they forgot how to behave and act in school again. Now, they are finally getting back into routine.
     The marches and protests in Venezuela are on going but maybe not as strong as before. Some days are worse than others. Most days, I don't even realize how much is going on. Besides lots of posters everywhere, it doesn't come into the little cove between two hills that my home and school are in very much. My kids still see more. Everyday, it is their top pray request. They are so burdened for their country, the people they see getting hurt, and the worry that they can tell is affecting the people all around them (and consequently them). On Thursday, a mayor in another large city was arrested. This led to huge and loud protests going off around Caracas. While we were at school, we could hear and see fireworks (just the loud bomb like ones). One went off really close by while I was out at recess, and it made everyone jump. Kids came to school the next day with prayers for bombs that they heard, people they saw, and the insecurity that they all felt. Please continue praying for Venezuela, peace, students as they process what they are seeing, and safety.
 


Look Miss Loid! I made a simple circuit!
We got two lights to connect and both light up! A series circuit




What happens if we use two batteries?














          Our class had been learning about electricity. They loved discovering their own circuits and how they worked. Yesterday, we began looking at how electricity is made. They had some many deep thinking questions that it took longer than I had planned and I couldn't even answer all of them.
It gets brighter!




Prayer Requests and Praises
-School is finally seeming normal again! I can plan for the next week, and my students are getting back into the swing of things.
-The store has had most of what I've been looking for lately (if I'm willing to stand in line for it)!
-Pray that I will find oil and flour.
Three batteries makes it even brighter!
-Pray for March break next weekend. I am staying in Caracas, but many other teachers are leaving. Pray for safe travels for them and that they can reenter Venezuela without problems.
-Pray for me on March break that I would find ways to use my time well and connect with other teachers who are staying in town.
-Pray for safety.
-I've seen growth in my students with how the respect others! Pray that this continues.-Pray for students as they process what they see and hear.
-Having a long Carnival break was relaxing and gave me time to work and renew relationships with teammates!
-Pray for my students as we begin learning about Revelations.
-Pray as I continue working on sins in my own life that were revealed to me through a Bible study I attend with other women from school.
-Praise that my brother found a new job that he is excited for!


Four batteries? Brightest, but quickly burnt out the light bulb.



No comments:

Post a Comment